Product Development and Designing in 3D
The benefits of developing and designing a product in 3D, you work out the aesthetics, shapes, the look at the same time. We designed a banking pod for credit unions, the pod holds hard drives, battery backup, three monitors, it must have privacy screen, sneeze guard and ventilation, it must be ergonomically designed if two to three people are working on the pod for eight hours.
Aesthetically pleasing and functional. When creating this prototype, the operations manager communicated the work surface had to be larger from the initial iteration. Once the 3D model was approved it went into shop drawings and fabrication. We have assisted companies in developing and designing products from banking pods to mobile banking vehicles.
We work in 3D from the start, whereas most companies start in 2D and develop from this point. We develop in 3D for aesthetic reasons getting the look our client desires, then work out the details later. We have worked with companies developing retail, components, architectural features, canopies, signage, restaurant equipment, gondolas, retail point of sale, building and site branding.
We worked on projects for companies like Disney, Intel and Hermin Miller to name a few.
The Main benefits 3D product development:
– Faster product development
– More effective communication
– Visualize options like material finishes for cost analysis
– Create presentations for focus groups
– Create innovative sales tools after a design is developed
– Create renderings and animations for customer review
– Simulation, test and validate your designs to reduce costs
– Virtual prototypes reduce the need and cost of physical prototypes
-Easily incorporate late design ideas and changes